Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update 20 - January 6, 2009

Hello Everyone,

My updates are short and sweet these days because there hasn't been much change. I am sorry that I didn't inform you last week that dad was put in ICU in Houston at the St. Luke's hospital; he was placed in ICU for several reasons: high heart rate, UTI, severe dehydration, and pneumonia. As of today he is still in ICU, yet everything seems to be under control.

The one week he was able to spend at the neurorecovery center wasn't long enough to tell if there was a difference with his brain recovery. Once the doctors clear him at St. Luke's he will be released to Nexus again. On my previous post I stated that he was going to Touchstone Neurorecovery, but its actually called Nexus and is affiliated with Touchstone.

As always, continue to pray! Daily, hourly, intently, and passionately KNOWING that the Lord will heal dad's brain, body, immune system, pain, and physical ability. I've learned to accept and understand that no change doesn't mean that there's never going to be a change, yet God will heal dad when He is good and ready! God is not on a time table, humans are!

Even though God's not on a time table my prayer is that dad will be 100% healed by his 50th birthday (September 8, 2009); he had is heart attack exactly one month after he turned 49. Wouldn't that be an awesome celebration and something to praise God about! Let me make it clear though, that I will never ever lose hope in his healing and recovery. My hope is the he will celebrate his 50th with those who love him, yet EVEN IF God decides to prolong his recovery, I still love Him the same and KNOW that He will heal dad according to His will. I will never understand God's work nor how He uses tragedy for His will, but I do KNOW that He is perfect, knows exactly what He is doing with dad's circumstance, and loves us more than we will ever understand!

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.
~ 1 Peter 5:7, NLT


You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you! --Isaiah 26:3, NLT

Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. --John 16:33, NLT

Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD. --Psalm 27:14, NLT

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love you Amy. I am praying, and you are my hero! I love to see how God has worked in your heart! He is your rock and your salvation; in whom shall you fear? Not one Thing. God is the same yesterday,today and forever and He is in control. I am praying. Call me! Love you.