Monday, February 2, 2009

Update 21 - February 2, 2009

As all of you wait in suspense just know that the family is too! Now that dad is in Houston getting great care at the Nexus Specialty Hospital it is difficult getting updates from doctors and the medical professionals. We are blessed to have family that lives 15 minutes away who faithfully visits him daily, but considering they work as well they visit in the evenings after the doctors have made their rounds. Based on their visits we have the comfort of knowing how he seems to be based on his comfort level, etc.

So it seems that the past week he has been in a pleasant mood, just looking around and even laughing at times. He is wearing arm and leg braces to manage the muscle spacisity for 8 hours a day and it seems that during this time he is in physical pain. Other than this, there's not much of an update. EXCEPT the continued WEEKLY milestone of him not having any infections, fevers, etc. He is going on three weeks now of no illnesses. I pray that the pneumonia is out of his chest, it was still there two weekends ago. As he stays healthy I pray he makes drastic strength improvements.

Okay, it has been weighed on my heart to start a 30 day prayer for dad. There are 30 items I have written down to pray for each day. I'm not stating that all 30 items need to be prayed for daily, rather one topic per day for the next 30 days. What I will do is post the 30 items today and as I come across versus that speak for that topic I will add the verse. So if you find a verse that you feel should be added to the topic please add it to the comment section and I will update the prayer list with it!

With that said, the purpose of the prayer list and adding verses it so that we can beat the odds through Christ!

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edge sword." Hebrews 4:12

" 'Have faith in God', Jesus answered. 'Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and do not doubt in your heart but believe that what you say will happen, it will be done for you. Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, will be yours." Mark 11:22-24

"For no word from God will ever fail." Luke 1:37

Jesus healed a boy who had a demonic-mute spirit from birth which caused convulsions, foaming of the mouth, gnashing of the teeth, and often tried to destroy the boy by throwing him in fire or water. The mans father begged of Jesus to heal his son and "Jesus said to him, 'If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.' ...'Lord I believe, help my unbelief.' " Mark 9:23-24 As the father believed, Jesus healed his son! Although Jesus comments on this type of healing and states "This kind can come out only by prayer." Mark 9:29 Now dad is not possessed by demons, but this is a reminder that there are some circumstances that require deep prayer and fasting in order for healing to occur. This is why I will forever remind you to pray. It is the only thing that has helped my dad overcome medical odds and it is the only thing that will continue the deliverance of God's miracles.

I know in my heart, God will deliver my dad from brain damage... for His glory. I know in my heart, anyone that knows Robert Ricks will witness God's miracle of life. Jesus is in the business of healing, lets not take Him nor His divine power of healing for granted. Rather trust in Him, pray through Him, and ask of Him.

A blind man named Bartimaeus begged for Jesus to heal him and began to shout "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" Mark 10:47 Jesus called to the blind man and asked him, "What do you want me to do for you? The blind mad said, "Rabbi, I want to see." 'Go,' said Jesus, 'your faith has healed you.' Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road." Mark 10:51-52

Let this be a reminder that we have the privilege to ask Jesus to heal my dad and He will deliver!

No comments: