Saturday, February 28, 2009

"YOUR DAD IS COMING HOME TO ME."

I feel I have to share this with those of you who so faithfully followed my dad's story. Tonight was the first time I've sat down and started reading this story from beginning to end. This prayer on October 12, 2008 really sticks out to me because it was answered and you will understand once I tell you what happened around 9:30 AM 2/11/09.

This was from my 10/12/2008 post:

I pray the devil and his demons shiver and extinguish at this prayer. In Jesus Christ name I ask that your son's brain be healed 100%, and you claim this victory against all human odds. You created him and you will heal him. This battle is yours and not mine, therefore I surrender and place all of my hope and existence in you. You are majestic and healing. In Jesus name, Amen.

So, when I woke up 2/11/09 I began getting ready and the verse Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" came to me. I pondered on it for a bit and then began praying about what God was trying to tell me. Within minutes I heard in my heart "Your dad is coming home to me today. Today is February 11, 2009 and your dad is coming home." I had tears build up in my eyes and took a deep breath, swallowed and asked God to just get me through the day. All of this took place between 9:30 and 9:45 AM. From what I can remember I got to the hospital around 10 AM and found out that for the previous 25 minutes my dad had been receiving CPR. The way I look at is, God called me to tell me what was happening before it happened. He picked up the phone to tell me where my dad would spend eternity. I cannot wrap my mind around the love God showed me that day. He is so loving and caring and I now see He stopped to let me know what He was doing. That moment is a gift from God for all of us to cheerish!

I cannot begin to explain the warmth, comfort, peace, and pure joy I have knowing where my dad is. He is in the most unimaginable place in all existence. When I stop and try to think about what he is doing right now I cannot help but smile and know that he is now truly living. No more tears, fears, pain, brain - heart - lung damage, just no more damage at all. God is amazing! I know some people are very sorry for our loss, but let me tell you no one is lost! I was told exactly where my dad is and where he is at is beyond our wildest dreams. Seriously, he is in H-E-A-V-E-N. Just stop and try to imagine what heaven is like. I mean really try to think about it. Our measly little minds have no idea the state of joy he is in... for eternity! Wow is all I can say or think when I find myself thinking about him. I am speechless and find my thoughts cannot complete themselves when I truly try to picture heaven and what my dad is doing.

So back to the prayer on October 12. You bet your bottom this is God's victory. There is no tragedy here. God stole my dad's heart and took him home where he is 100% healed. My prayer for the past 5 months was for God to heal dad 100% and to reveal Himself to my dad. To shower him with mercy, grace, love, peace, comfort, joy, and His angels. Well God did just that to His fullest extent; by taking him to heaven. He also gave you and I some grace by letting me know before I even had a clue what was happening that He was bringing his son home to Him. I am just blown away that God thought of the rest of us during this time. Because of our faithful prayers, He wanted us to know that He was at work and in control. Some of you think its sad that dad didn't live here on earth healed and that this was the end, but I need you to erase that thought from your head. My dad was an all or nothing kind of guy and our prayers were for him to have the absolute best medical help and 100% healing. Seriously people... he got that and more. There was no in between of his healing; he didn't die, he is now more alive than he ever has been. Robert William Ricks is in heaven and healthier then he would have been if he recovered 100% here on earth. He has hit the christian jackpot; he paid his dues and is now reaping his rewards and hard work in heaven. HEAVEN people. He is not on some vacation at the lake, not some tropical island, not taking a nap on a Sunday afternoon... he is HEAVEN feasting with the Lord Jesus Christ. All of his wounds and transgressions he endured during his time on earth have been erased forever! How blessed he is and how free his is!

Now for the rest of us left here on earth... God has us here because His purpose for us isn't complete. So it's time for you to find your purpose and make your mark. I pray your soul will not rest until you begin living life to the fullest!

PS - You can view his obituary and a video of him at http://www.sunsetodessa.com/. Just type in his name!

1 comment:

~Trina~ said...

Amy, Your entry for today was amazing. God bless you more than you could ever hope or imagine for the faithful witness you have been to His love and grace throughout this difficult journey.
Love you, Trina