Friday, October 17, 2008

Update 10 - October 18, 2008

Hi Everyone, First I want to tell a lot of you that I'm sorry that I haven't replied to your emails. I've tried to sit down and go back through all of them and thank each of you for sharing your hearts, but my gosh there are so many and they keep coming. I try to respond as I read them (which I've read every single one) but it's turned into a big job as they continue to come.

Today my dad is being sent to a facility in Midland that offers both neuro and ortho rehab. He will be there until he's prepared to go to a more intense rehab. I know what all of you are thinking... yes, we get to go see him. BUT our family is still discussing what our dad would want at this time and trying to respect his wishes without neglecting the hundreds of you who love him. So please let us contemplate some more and possibly torture you for a few more weeks by restricting the visits. Also, we want to ask his doctors in Midland their opinion regarding visitors. I've said it once and I'll say it before, my dad is not a man of weakness, is very private about recooperating, and he wouldn't want any of you to see him less than 100%. I know that's not completely realistic or fair to you and that's why we want to give it more consideration. Regardless, we know how much you all care for him and just think he may need some more time. PLUS we don't want him to come out of this ready to whip our tail-ends!

As stated he's going to a facility in Midland tomorrow. Today he had the gastric tube removed and a peg tube placed, which will be much more beneficial for his nutrition not to mention his very sensitive gag reflex. He did well except later in the day the procedure apparently gave him an upset stomach and he ended up getting nauseated. The seizures are under control and he hasn't had any for I guess 3 days now. Please keep praying for his recovery, the doctors and nurses in the new facility, the seizure medication to be nailed down, and for the awesome miracle God has started. He will not leave this unfinished! He has big plans for my dad and I'm excited about the work he has begun in him and our family.

Thanks just don't seem to be enough, but thank you again for all of your support. Each day we're floored by the overwhelming responses, prayers, gifts, generosity, and so on! I just want to hug each of you for him and can't wait to meet you.

5 comments:

Sherry Redding said...

Amy,
I am so glad to hear your dad will be closer to his family. Please let him know how much we love and miss him. We will of course respect your wishes and wait to get the word from you as wether to come and visit or not. You and your family are always in our prayers daily. I admire your strong faith during a very difficult time. You are an inspiration to us all. God is still on His throne and He is still in control. God bless & keep you family.
Sherry & Dale Redding

Lora Jane said...

AMY & CASEY I LOVE YOU!!!! YOU ARE IN MY HEART AND IN MY PRAYERS EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!! AUNT LORA JANE

Lauren Ashley said...

I'm so happy that you can all be closer to home now - what a blessing! Miss you!!!

Vickie Crawford said...

Thanks Amy for keeping me updated and I am so glad to hear that your Dad is going to be closer to home and hopefully soon he will be home. Just keep us updated and if ya'll need anything at all don't hesitate to let us know. We will keep praying for full recovery. Love Vickie

That Janie Girl said...

Amy, know that we are all praying. I'm excited to hear of your dad's progress, and thank you for your diligence in keeping us all informed. Bless you all!