Thursday, October 30, 2008

Update 14 - October 30, 2008

The neurologist explained that the EEG shows brain damage; he also explained that he has seen worse cases with success stories, and that no matter the severity the brain is very unique and unpredictable. Therefore, only time will tell how Robert will do.

Yesterday Richie was the one eye witness to see dad lift his arms. We've all seen him drag them or even sort of shrug his shoulders, but not actually lift... so lucky Richie! More frequently he also twitches his feet if you tickle them. He continues to fight a fever and we should find out tomorrow if he has an infection. His eyes seem to be focusing better and at times if there are two people standing on both sides of him talking, he will try to move his head and eyes back and fourth between the two, so we know he's listening! His seizure medication is now at a therapeutic level and the therapist are meeting with him twice daily with intentions of providing continuous stimulation to the brain.

"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength." Isaiah 40:31

"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5

"In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of every human being." Job 10:12

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:9-11

What is hope? It is having a confident expectation in God. My hope for each and everyone of you supporting Robert, our loved one, is that your hope is in Christ; who is in control of my dad's life as well as yours, who is perfect in every way (He makes no mistakes), who loves us more than we can imagine, and who promises to hear our cries (Matthew 7:7-11).

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Let's do just that! Place our trust in God during this situation, pray for the healing of Robert's brain, thank Him for the wonders around us (and thank Him for giving us the opportunity to share a lifetime with Robert), and request that this journey Robert is on will continue according to God's will.

Time is all we have, therefore we must be patient and continue praying for healing... our prayers do not go unanswered! We all wake up daily and wonder what has happened and if it's real. Well it is real and the only thing getting us through this is God... thank you and please continue praying... it truly is enough! I hope to meet you all someday and personally thank you for all of the generous gifts, support, and prayer.

I know some of you have been in a frenzy because it's taking me forever to provide an update, so I apologize. Right now there are no drastic changes from day to day, so lets just say that no news is good news. Also, I do not have internet access at home and now that I'm back at work and school it is difficult for me to find time.

I plan on posting at least twice a week, but don't freak out if I don't. I challenge you though, that each time you look for an update to say a prayer while your mind is on Robert.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love you Amy! Reading your post brings tears to my eyes. Your faith is BIG and OUR GOD is Bigger. Love you dear friend, I am praying.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear the news but happy over the doctor's optimism. And your blog is an inspiration to read with your faith and leaning on His words. Our prayers are still going up for Robert!

swelling said...

Hey Guys,
I am still here and still praying every day. You have my numbers, call me when you need me. I love you all, Suzanne