Monday, October 13, 2008

Update 8 - October 13, 2008

My dad is still having seizures, therefore it was not the antibiotic. This afternoon another EEG was ran on his brain and during the test he started having a seizure; usually the doctors are supposed to be able to tell something about the brain if this occurs, but no of course not, they said nothing showed up on the EEG that could have indicated what was happening with his brain. The neurologist said he's not seen anything like this before. This isn't a bad thing, just unusual.

For now the neurologist is going to change the seizure medication and wean him off of it every three days for several reasons. 1) He wants to see if he needs it for short term or long term 2) to find out what works best 3) to make sure he gets it right while he is still in the hospital and to prevent him from having a bad one while at home.

This waiting around is driving all of us nuts. BUT I believe he just needs adequate rest, the doctors need to get this medication thing figured out, and that time will continue to show wonderful signs of recovery.

I came across these verses today and it's just what I needed.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength." Isaiah 4:28-31

"I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory." Ephesians 3:13

Thank you for praying for Robert and helping us through this crazy time.

5 comments:

Lauren Ashley said...

33 Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! 34 For who can know the Lord’s thoughts?Who knows enough to give him advice? 35 And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? 36 For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen. - Romans 11:33-36

Lora Jane said...

Amy and Casey, I am continually praying for your dad and for the whole Ricks family. I pray that tommorow brings better news and that the Dr.s will get his meds. straighten out. Our god is a good god and a miracle worker, just wait and see your dad will be one of his miracles. I wished I could be there with you guys but just know that my heart goes out to you all. I Love You and God Bless You All.

LGB said...

Hang in there Amy. We are praying for your dad and your family. Hope tomorrow brings improvement and answers.

Love,
Lacy

That Janie Girl said...

Amy,

We're all praying for your dad and your family here. Thanks for taking the time daily to keep us informed. You all are in my heart and I cry out to the Father on your behalf.

Vickie Crawford said...

Amy and Casey, I am praying each and every day for Robert and the entire Ricks family during this hard time.  I will continue to pray for Robert's seizures and ask our God to wrap his arms around Robert and the doctor's so that they might find out the problem and be able to control his medications where they will be effective 100%.  Thank you for keeping all of us posted and I want to thank you for the wonderful message that I get from your being so strong with our God!  Love, Vickie